[jboss-user] [Remoting] - making a rmi call over ipv6 using jboss

gaurav_abbi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 23 05:58:06 EDT 2008

hi,
i have a rmi service running which is binded with these environment variables
java.naming.provider.url=blriedlin03:19014, java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory, java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces

when i try to invoke the same using a RMI client and using "jbossall-client.jar", it works fine.

but when i replace the url with the one using ipv6 address, it fails.
with a timeout

javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out]
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.discoverServer(NamingContext.java:1058)
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1127)
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:478)
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:471)
  |         at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
  |         at mytest.RMIClient.runBPDocWait(RMIClient.java:118)
  |         at mytest.RMIClient.main(RMIClient.java:57)
  | Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out
  |         at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive0(Native Method)
  |         at java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive(PlainDatagramSocketImpl.java:136)
  |         at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(DatagramSocket.java:712)
  |         at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.discoverServer(NamingContext.java:1038)
  |         ... 6 more
java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory java.naming.provider.url=jnp://[fe80::213:72ff:fe3c:21bf]:19014 java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces
java.net.preferIPv6Addresses=true
java.net.preferIPv4Stack=false

its a dual stack machine, with host name mapped to ipv4 address.

My first question is does jboss supports IPV6?
if yes, then what am i missing here which is causing me the failure?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4146098#4146098

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4146098