[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: handling bulk amounts of processinstances; transaction p

jaydub do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 23 17:37:31 EDT 2008

I do not have logging turned on.  (now, nor when I tried to get it to work with standard jBPM persistence model)

I have a simple EJB3 entity which contains the following fields

@Id
int thisFieldIsAnIdFromMyApp;

other fields ...

@Lob
ProcessInstance processInstance;

The entity manager handles serializing/deserializing the process instance into a BLOB in my DB.

I simply load up this entity, get the process instance, do what you need to do with it, then merge() or remove() the entity via the entity manager, as needed.

Yes, it is a bit ham-fisted, but it is very fast.   As noted in a different thread, the only problem I have is that I must create process instances from XML, not from the jBPM DB process definitions.  (Due to hibernate lazy-loading)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4146345#4146345

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4146345