[jboss-user] [Clustering/JBoss] - Re: Unable to run multiple cluster nodes.

praveenas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 24 02:19:48 EDT 2008

Hi,

Thank you for your document.

As I have mentioned I want to cluster nodes belonging to two different machines each of which have different jboss servers running seperately on different ports. For this, I have copied the Jboss home directory and named seperately as Jboss1, Jboss2, Jboss3,.. I have also changed different port numbers where necessary, like bind address. Now, I have used the httpd 2.0.63 apache load balancer for clustering all these nodes. Initially, all the nodes seeming working well. But, when one node drops, I found the browser displaying the "Session expiry". sometimes, I am even experiencing "Service unavailable 503 " error with load balancer.

This is my workers.properties file I have attached. (Please check the AJP 1.3 Connector port values too.)
# Define list of workers that will be used
# for mapping requests
# The configuration directives are valid
# for the mod_jk version 1.2.18 and later
#
worker.list=loadbalancer,status

# Define Node1
# modify the host as your host IP or DNS name.
worker.node1.port=18009
worker.node1.host=10.20.220.3
worker.node1.type=ajp13
worker.node1.lbfactor=1
# worker.node1.connection_pool_size=10 (1)

# Define Node2
# modify the host as your host IP or DNS name.
worker.node2.port=28009
worker.node2.host= 10.20.220.3
worker.node2.type=ajp13
worker.node2.lbfactor=1
# worker.node2.connection_pool_size=10 (1)

# Define Node3
# modify the host as your host IP or DNS name.
worker.node3.port=38009
worker.node3.host=10.20.220.3
worker.node3.type=ajp13
worker.node3.lbfactor=1
# worker.node3.connection_pool_size=10 (1)

# Define Node4
# modify the host as your host IP or DNS name.
worker.node4.port=48009
worker.node4.host=10.20.220.3
worker.node4.type=ajp13
worker.node4.lbfactor=1
# worker.node4.connection_pool_size=10 (1)

# Define Node5
# modify the host as your host IP or DNS name.
worker.node5.port=58009
worker.node5.host=10.20.220.15
worker.node5.type=ajp13
worker.node5.lbfactor=1
# worker.node5.connection_pool_size=10 (1)

# Define Node6
# modify the host as your host IP or DNS name.
worker.node6.port=68009
worker.node6.host=10.20.220.15
worker.node6.type=ajp13
worker.node6.lbfactor=1
# worker.node6.connection_pool_size=10 (1)

# Load-balancing behaviour
worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=node1,node2,node3,node4,node5,node6
worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session=1
#worker.list=loadbalancer

# Status worker for managing load balancer
worker.status.type=status

My uriworkermap.properties file.
 # Simple worker configuration file
#

# Mount the Servlet context to the ajp13 worker

/casper-2.1=loadbalancer

/casper-2.1**/*=loadbalancer

/web-console=loadbalancer
/web-console/*=loadbalancer

 These are my issues after reading the document you have sent.  (http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossas/freezone/docs/Clustering_Guide/beta422/pdf/Clustering_Guide.pdf)

1.  Under the Http Session clustering, the 7th sub topic, Enabling session replication in your application, you have asked to configure session replication using the replication-config element
in the jboss-web.xml. But, I found 6 different files with that name under "all" configuration. Please let me know where I need to add this attribute.

 Thank you.

Praveena Chalamcharla,
Securview.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4146410#4146410