[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: Problem with JMS behind firewall

yangju do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 24 15:04:00 EDT 2008

I wish I found this thread earlier. We figured it out the hard way(moments prior to production is started). I thought that we only needed to configure the jboss server to use NAT address. It turns out (as described above), we had to force the jms client to use NAT address also. I just don't understand why? Doesn't the server tells the client where to connect? Why does the client has to force it?
Also, if we upgrade to jboss messaging in the future, do we have the same issues here?

Another question, why jbossMQ has to do so many port redirecting and forwarding, for example from 1099 to 1098 to 8083 to 8084. This created a headache for firewall config. Weblogic does not have this problem.

Does jboss messaging do these redirecting and forwarding too?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4146617#4146617

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4146617