[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Can't create a process instance when processDefinition is nu

Milochanzy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 24 16:31:39 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have a sub-process invoked by a main process. I am using Eclipse for running the application. What I have done is started the jBPM server and deployed the main and sub processes using the 'deployment' tab of the processdefinition.xml. I am creating the instance of the main process. It runs to the point where the next node is a process-state whose sub-process is defined. I am getting following error:

anonymous wrote :

  | org.jbpm.JbpmException: can't create a process instance when processDefinition is null
  | at org.jbpm.graph.exe.ProcessInstance.(ProcessInstance.java:128)
  | at org.jbpm.graph.exe.ProcessInstance.(ProcessInstance.java:92)
  | at org.jbpm.graph.exe.Token.createSubProcessInstance(Token.java:624)
  | at org.jbpm.graph.node.ProcessState.execute(ProcessState.java:164)
  | at org.jbpm.graph.def.Node.enter(Node.java:319)
  | at org.jbpm.graph.def.Transition.take(Transition.java:151)
  | at org.jbpm.graph.def.Node.leave(Node.java:394)
  | at org.jbpm.graph.exe.ExecutionContext.leaveNode(ExecutionContext.java:136)
  | at org.jbpm.graph.node.Decision.execute(Decision.java:152)
  | at org.jbpm.graph.def.Node.enter(Node.java:319)
  | at org.jbpm.graph.def.Transition.take(Transition.java:151)
  | at org.jbpm.graph.def.Node.leave(Node.java:394)
  | at org.jbpm.graph.def.Node.leave(Node.java:358)
  | at org.jbpm.graph.exe.ExecutionContext.leaveNode(ExecutionContext.java:120)

Code for invokation: (Not exact code but sumarrizes all I have done)

  | String temp = content of main processdefinition.xml;
  | ProcessDefinition main = ProcessDefinition.parseXmlString(temp);
  | ProcessInstance processInstance = new ProcessInstance(main);
  | while(processInstance.hasEnded() == false) {
  |     processInstance.signal();
  | }

This is urgent for me.
Thanks in anticipation,