[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: Received version 254

aih1013 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 25 05:42:14 EDT 2008

Ron,

The only area I was needed to work on remoting improvement is NetworkRegistry. Our system is distributed among several DCs and we are unable to use multicast. Moreover, due specifics of our system, channels between DC are quite unreliable. So we tried to use JndiDetector.

However, the JndiDetector registered to many false server failure detections. The problem is described in detail here:

http://aharlamov.blogspot.com/2007/09/things-you-would-like-to-avoid-during.html

Also, it is hard to say when NetworkRegistry is coherent with overall system state. i.e. NetworkRegistry starts and shows invalid view of available system services until Detector runs for the first time. As our system structure is not very dynamic, I'd prefer to get a locator of service pointing onto non-existing server instead of "no such service" report.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4146757#4146757

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4146757