[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Sending default (welcome) page through Faces Servlet

scheible do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 25 20:17:57 EDT 2008

I am currently evaluating JBoss for my department and am trying to transfer an existing project (currently deployed on WAS 6.1) to JBoss 4.2.2.  One of the configurations that is fairly important to us is that the default page gets processed through the Faces Servlet.  WAS 6.1 sends the welcome page through the Faces Servlet if the page name matches the appropriate mapping.  JBoss does not seem to do the same.

Example: http://localhost:8080/ -> http://localhost:8080/index.faces

I have been hunting around for anything that might help but haven't managed to search for the right terms.  Has anyone managed to accomplish this?  I am trying to avoid having the page redirect the request elsewhere.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul Scheible

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4146953#4146953

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4146953