[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Sending default (welcome) page through Faces Servlet

scheible do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Apr 26 11:17:27 EDT 2008

Thank you for the information.  It is useful although not quite what I was looking for.

I know that many applications have a static welcome page.  However, this application is configured to have a JSF welcome page.  I can't figure out how to make the welcome page go through the Faces Servlet.  Is this possible?  I had considered possibly writing a filter that grabbed directory references from the client and appended the starting page to them.  That seems like a lot of work but I suspect it would work.  Alternatively, using an Apache proxy and the rewrite mod to do the same thing would probably work.  In any case, if there is an easier method of do this, I prefer to use it.

Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4147009#4147009

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4147009