[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Jboss 4.0.5 seems to hang up if not accessed for a while

cjensen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Apr 27 14:59:07 EDT 2008

I am a newbie. I am trying to deploy a Jboss application into production on a Linux server. It seems to be working OK on a Windows box. If we deploy the application, we can access it just fine. If it 'sits' for a while (an hour or so; sometimes longer, sometimes less), it seems to go into a comma.  By that, I mean when we try to access the home page, we get an error such as "The website address you entered could not be found".  When I do a netstat -d -p on the linux box, I can see that Jboss is listening on the http and https ports, but it is like it is not answering.  If I logon to the linux box and telnet to the the box on port 80, I get a 'connection refused', but then, the website can be accessed again. It is like the telnet wakes it up, or otherwise clears the problem.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4147079#4147079

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4147079