[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Re: Creating New Connection Factory

kahzoo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Apr 27 22:20:03 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : Can one tell me where i can define new connection factory in JBOSS 4.2.2 GA and how.

This depends on where your client code runs. If it runs in the same JVM as the JBoss server, you need to modiy

deploy/jms/jvm-il-service.xml

Otherwise (when your client runs remotely from the JBoss server),

deploy/jms/uil2-service.xml

Either way, if all you want to do is to change the name of the connection factory. you simply change the value of '(XA)ConnectionFactoryJNDIRef' attributes.

If you want to add a new name to an existing connecion factory, you may want to use NamingAlias bean. You can find an example of this in deploy/jms/uil2-service.xml as below.

   <mbean code="org.jboss.naming.NamingAlias" name="jboss.mq:service=InvocationLayer,type=UIL">
  |       <attribute name="FromName">UILConnectionFactory</attribute>
  |       <attribute name="ToName">ConnectionFactory</attribute>
  |       <depends>jboss:service=Naming</depends>
  |    </mbean>

Hope this helps.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4147101#4147101