[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - New application brewing, need some advice

johncarl81 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 29 20:17:04 EDT 2008

Hey guys,

So, I need some advice on starting my latest application.  Basically, it is a user management system, based on an 'ARF' (application request form) that we use at our company.  It has a pretty simple workflow of approvals and notifications that it runs through with one caveat, the workflow probably will change, and additional ARFs will be added to the application for routing and management.  I was looking at a variety of workflow engines for this and jBPM stood out among the crowd.

I am thinking that I can just implement a couple of base modules, for the approval processes (who approves what) with a couple other editing and applying roles steps to the process and tie it all together with jBPM.

Does this sound reasonable?  Or should I consider some more options?

Thanks for your input.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4147678#4147678

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4147678