[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: Should be able to use ClusteredCacheLoader with CacheMod

manik.surtani@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 30 08:58:50 EDT 2008

"lovelyliatroim" wrote : Ok correct me of im wrong here, using a clustered cache loader with replication set to replicate changes is useless because all the values will be replicated anyways to other members. It would only make sense to use it in this mode if you could configure CCL to point to a different cluster which i dont think you can do at the moment.

  | So is it fair to say that CCL only makes sense to use when replicating in INVALIDATION mode??

It also makes sense with replication in 2 other scenarios:

1.  Eviction removes stuff from memory on one cache instance, but others may still have it in memory.

2.  You have a running cluster and a new instance joins the cluster, but you don't want to use state transfer to populate the new instance.  Instead, you want this to happen lazily, i.e., using a CCL.

And regarding using the CCL to talk to a different cluster, there is such a thing - it's called the TcpDelegatingCacheLoader.  :-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4147832#4147832

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4147832