[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - EJB3 over HTTPS

avihaimar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 30 13:15:15 EDT 2008

Hey,

I have a java client and jboss4.2 as an application server.
I work against stateless bean as a facade.

My server is behind firewall and i have only two port that opened http , https.

in some cases i want to work with http and in other cases i want to work in https (its depend on the customer decision).

I followed the following tutorial in order to have EJB3 over HTTPS -
http://www.jboss.org/jbossejb3/docs/tutorial/http_https/http_https.html

They said there to add on the bean:
@RemoteBinding(clientBindUrl="https://localhost:8443/servlet-invoker/SSLServerInvokerServlet")

My questions are:
1. What if i what if i want the ability to call to this bean over RMI or Http is this possible. i guess its not and i don’t want to have bean for each protocol.

2. When i run the server i bind it to a specific address. on the bean i need to write the URL , can i avoid from set my host ? I don’t know the customer IP?  (I think write 0.0.0.0 there will need to work and I will check this)?

3. For advanced - why i need to deploy a servlet in order to support in ejb3 over https?

Thank you

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4147951#4147951

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4147951