[jboss-user] [Persistence, JBoss/CMP, Hibernate, Database] - JBoss + MS Sql server 2005: 'nvl' is not a recognized built-

illi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 4 02:10:16 EDT 2008

Hi All,

We have been trying to configure JBoss to use MS Sql server 2005 from our application. Technology we used in our application is hibernate. We are now able to access our application, but while loading some objects in one of screens, it is showing a error "Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: 'nvl' is not a recognized built-in function name." what more need to be configured to make it use such functions.

--> following is the ds config we used.
<local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>applDS</jndi-name>
    <connection-url>jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://common:3403;instanceName=RESEARCH;databaseName=prdName</connection-url>
    <driver-class>net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
	<use-java-context>false</use-java-context>
    <user-name>myName</user-name>
    myPwd

       <type-mapping>MS SQLSERVER2005</type-mapping>

  </local-tx-datasource>