[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - WS-RM Exception: cannot be cast to org.jboss.ws.core.StubExt

moweis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 4 03:31:13 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm running the example found at:
http://jbws.dyndns.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Native_WS-ReliableMessaging_Tutorial

I'm able to deploy the WS, but when I try to run the sample client:
http://jbws.dyndns.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Native_WS-ReliableMessaging_Tutorial#Updating_Client_Code_to_Reference_Custom_JAX-WS_Config_File_and_Close_the_Sequence

I get the following exception:
anonymous wrote : Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: $Proxy25 cannot be cast to org.jboss.ws.core.StubExt

at the line:

((StubExt)proxy).setConfigName("Standard Anonymous WSRM Client", "META-INF/wsrm-jaxws-client-config.xml");

FYI, when I run the client with this line commented out, I get a fault from the service that I'm not using WS-RM:
anonymous wrote : Exception in thread "main" javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: RM handler was not able to find WS-RM message in the payload
So the service seems to be configured fine, but I am unable to get the client to add WS-RM appropriately.

Any ideas?

I'm using:
-jboss-4.2.3.GA
-jbossws-native-3.0.2.GA