[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: How do I empty a JBoss queue?

asaur do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 4 09:36:48 EDT 2008

"timfox" wrote : As previously mentioned, messages will get put back on the queue when the client gets timed out (not when another client reconnects).

  | If you can produce a simple self contained test case that we can run that demonstrates otherwise we will be happy to investigate further.

Well, I'm really sorry about it but I don't think I have time right now to make a self contained test to ascertain what the problem is. :(

However, I can send you my client code for you to see, maybe my exception handling or my connection initialization is terribly wrong somewhere. The problem still persists, though. This weekend something happened (I really don't know why because the logs didn't report any exception at all) in all my clients and all of my server queues (I have 4 queues), because there were over 45000 messages in each. The few exceptions that were actually reported are recoverable ones in normal circumstances:

Cannot find object in dispatcher with id b7px3-yixlxejf-1-ut6qicjf-woegd9-100j3

Cannot find object in dispatcher with id d7px3-3jxlxejf-1-ut6qicjf-woegd9-100j3

There were 6 messages like that over the weekend but as soon as the client gets one of these, they report and reinitialize themselves. In normal circumstances, as you said, the queue would receive all the messages back and the new client would them consume them in proper time. Unfortunately, that's not what happened.

I also thought of updating jboss' remote library to the latest version (I was using jboss-remoting.jar version 2.2.2.SP4 - brewbuilder), but I'm not sure it was a good move - as soon as I started using version 2.4.0.GA a warning was reported in both the server's and client's log:

WARN  [org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker] numberOfRetries is no longer used

Well, I'm sorry to take up your time guys, I'll try to make a test sometime in the near future for you to use.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4168448#4168448

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4168448