[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: reopen a process instance ?

memius do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 5 04:35:25 EDT 2008

Well, my problem might be that I don't really see that 'box' ;)

When are you talking about a process ? How far does that go ...
Indeed a dossier is db data ... doing some data processing on that dossier is a process ... So if I understand you correctly, you would put the different kinds of related actions in a process (if they are consecutive, eg.)
And not create a 'big' process where you deal with one dossier until it is finished.
Now ... my problem is ... we have some tasks which are related to a dossier but don't really fit in a process (eg. prepare and send a mail if some trigger occurs).  Would you create tiny processes for any of those tasks ? Even if they only contain one task... or would you create task instances at runtime and don't put them in any process... (which might not be very consistent, since in the one case you'll create process variable (eg. dossier id) and in the other you'll have to create task variables for the same data)

Anyway .. just some thoughts... I don't expect to get the only exact answer... but these are just some conceptual thoughts I struggle with.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4168660#4168660

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4168660