[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Problem with JAXB when upgrading to JBoss 4.2.2

ssinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 5 13:51:44 EDT 2008

I'm having a problem and I am ripping my hair out trying to resolve!

We have an application that uses JSXB to marshall XML objects.  We're using "jaxb-rt-1.0-ea.jar" and we include the JAR file in the application and in the CLASSPATH.  Works perfectly in 4.0.4.

I'm trying to get the application up in 4.2.2GA, and I get the following error:

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: INITIAL_COLOR
	javax.xml.bind.ValidatableObject.(ValidatableObject.java:32)
	javax.xml.bind.MarshallableObject.(MarshallableObject.java:54)
	javax.xml.bind.MarshallableRootElement.(MarshallableRootElement.java:97)

This type of thing almost always happens when there is a mismatch between the classes it is compiled against as opposed to run against.  However, I checked, and these classes exist only in "jaxb-rt-1.0-ea.jar" and nowhere else within JBoss.  "jaxb-rt-1.0-ea.jar" is still inthe application, and in the CLASSPATH.

Anybody have any idea what might be happening?  Hopefully, it's just something dumb I'm doing.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4168806#4168806

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4168806