[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - JBP won't show instances created by portlet-instances.xml

gressho do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 7 04:03:20 EDT 2008

Hello,

I'm observing a weird behaviour in JBP 2.6.6. Given the following portlet-instances.xml (which worked perfectly for JBP 2.6.4 and JBP 2.6.5):

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  |
  | <!--
  |     Document   : portlet-instances.xml
  |     Created on : 12. November 2007, 16:59
  |     Author     : gressho
  |         Purpose of the document follows.
  | -->
  |
  | <!DOCTYPE deployments PUBLIC '-//JBoss Portal//DTD Portlet Instances 2.6//EN' 'http://www.jboss.org/portal/dtd/portlet-instances_2_6.dtd'>
  | <deployments>
  |
  |     <deployment>
  |         <if-exists>overwrite</if-exists>
  |         <instance>
  |             <instance-id>SubjectManagementInstance</instance-id>
  |             <portlet-ref>SubjectManagementPortlet</portlet-ref>
  |             <security-constraint>
  |                 <policy-permission>
  |                     <action-name>view</action-name>
  |                     <role-name>User</role-name>
  |                 </policy-permission>
  |             </security-constraint>
  |         </instance>
  |     </deployment>
  |     <deployment>
  |         <if-exists>overwrite</if-exists>
  |         <instance>
  |             <instance-id>LibraryManagementInstance</instance-id>
  |             <portlet-ref>LibraryManagementPortlet</portlet-ref>
  |             <security-constraint>
  |                 <policy-permission>
  |                     <action-name>view</action-name>
  |                     <role-name>u7dbdi</role-name>
  |                 </policy-permission>
  |             </security-constraint>
  |         </instance>
  |     </deployment>
  |     <deployment>
  |         <if-exists>overwrite</if-exists>
  |         <instance>
  |             <instance-id>SearchindexManagementInstance</instance-id>
  |             <portlet-ref>SearchindexManagementPortlet</portlet-ref>
  |             <security-constraint>
  |                 <policy-permission>
  |                     <action-name>view</action-name>
  |                     <role-name>User</role-name>
  |                 </policy-permission>
  |             </security-constraint>
  |         </instance>
  |     </deployment>
  |     <deployment>
  |         <if-exists>overwrite</if-exists>
  |         <instance>
  |             <instance-id>SystemManagementInstance</instance-id>
  |             <portlet-ref>SystemManagementPortlet</portlet-ref>
  |             <security-constraint>
  |                 <policy-permission>
  |                     <action-name>view</action-name>
  |                     <role-name>u7sysadmin</role-name>
  |                 </policy-permission>
  |                 <policy-permission>
  |                     <action-name>view</action-name>
  |                     <role-name>u7sys</role-name>
  |                 </policy-permission>
  |             </security-constraint>
  |         </instance>
  |     </deployment>
  |
  | </deployments>

The instances are created and I can see them in the database:

anonymous wrote :
  | jbossportal266=# select * from jbp_instance;
  |  pk |                id                |                     portlet_ref                     | modifiable | ser_state
  | ----+----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------+------------+-----------
  |   1 | IdentityUserPortletInstance      | local._1                                            | t          |
  |   3 | IdentityAdminPortletInstance     | local._4                                            | t          |
  |   5 | GoogleWidgetPortletInstance      | local./portal-widget.GoogleWidgetPortlet            | f          |
  |   7 | WSRPConfigurationPortletInstance | local./portal-wsrp-admin.WSRPConfigurationPortlet   | f          |
  |   9 | CMSPortletInstance               | local._6                                            | t          |
  |  11 | CMSAdminPortletInstance          | local./portal-cms.CMSAdminPortlet                   | f          |
  |  13 | NetvibesWidgetPortletInstance    | local./portal-widget-netvibes.NetvibesWidgetPortlet | f          |
  |  15 | UserPortletInstance              | local.portal.UserPortlet                            | f          |
  |  17 | RolePortletInstance              | local.portal.RolePortlet                            | f          |
  |  19 | CatalogPortletInstance           | local.portal.CatalogPortlet                         | f          |
  |  21 | PortletContentEditorInstance     | local.portal.PortletContentEditorPortlet            | f          |
  |  24 | AdminPortletInstance             | local./portal-admin.AdminPortlet                    | f          |
  |  26 | DashboardConfigPortletInstance   | local./portal-admin.DashboardConfigPortlet          | f          |
  |  28 | SubjectManagementInstance        | local./ulbapps.SubjectManagementPortlet             | f          |
  |  30 | LibraryManagementInstance        | local./ulbapps.LibraryManagementPortlet             | f          |
  |  32 | SearchindexManagementInstance    | local./ulbapps.SearchindexManagementPortlet         | f          |
  |  34 | SystemManagementInstance         | local./ulbapps.SystemManagementPortlet              | f          |

In the admin portlet I can't see anything! The corresponding *-object.xml creates windows
and pages based on the definitions but they are empty.
BTW: I can't see PortletContentEditorInstance and some others in database as well!

Best wishes

Werner

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4169215#4169215

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4169215