[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Stateless Session Bean pool MaximumSize with strictMaximumSi

ashley_betts70 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 7 04:16:45 EDT 2008

Hi all,
     I'm trying to restrict the number of active stateless session beans to 1 for a particular bean with no success. I've seen some of the comments/suggestions on other forums and have applied these but it still doesn't seem to recognise MaximumSize enforced with strictMaximumSize. The version of Jboss I'm currently using is 4.2.3.

jboss.xml:

<!DOCTYPE jboss PUBLIC
      "-//JBoss//DTD JBOSS 4.2//EN"
      "http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss_4_2.dtd">

    <enterprise-beans>

            <ejb-name>coupledSeqResource</ejb-name>
            <jndi-name>coupledSeqResource</jndi-name>
            <configuration-name>SequentialRequires</configuration-name>

    </enterprise-beans>
    <container-configurations>
        <container-configuration extends="Standard Stateless SessionBean">
            <container-name>SequentialRequires</container-name>
            <container-pool-conf>
                  1
                  true
            </container-pool-conf>
        </container-configuration>
    </container-configurations>

(for some reason the post seems to remove the tags MaximumSize and strictMaximumSize but they are there wrapping the values in container-pool-conf)

When I check jmx-console it seems to show a maximum of 30 (and 2 as its current size after a couple of test executions):

Name Type Access Value Description
Name java.lang.String R StatelessDelegateWrapper  MBean Attribute.
StateString java.lang.String R Started  MBean Attribute.
CreateCount int R 2  MBean Attribute.
State int R 3  MBean Attribute.
InvokeStats org.jboss.ejb3.statistics.InvocationStatistics R  MBean Attribute.
CurrentSize int R 2  MBean Attribute.
RemoveCount int R 0  MBean Attribute.
MaxSize int R 30  MBean Attribute.
AvailableCount int R 30  MBean Attribute.

standardjboss.xml hasn't been modified from the standard release.

Anyone have any suggestions to why this isn't working for me?

Regards,

Ashley

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4169219#4169219

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4169219