[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - DatabaseServerLoginModule with Cipher and PBEWithMD5AndDES

kathy90031 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 7 12:18:04 EDT 2008

All of our passwords in our database are encrpyted until the javax.crypto API (Cipher Classes) and PBEWithMD5AndDES hash Algorithm.

I noticed that jboss 4.2.2 is using the java.security classes for decrypting the database passwords in the DatabaseServerLoginModule class.  Is there anyway we can get jboss to PBEWithMD5AndDES with the Cipher classes without having to write additional code?

Just wondering if there was another class out there that handled this or something I could set up in the configuration.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4169346#4169346

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4169346