[jboss-user] [JBossMQ] - CurrentMemoryUsage increasing because of message cache

Unnijboss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 7 16:48:15 EDT 2008

This is a typical snapshot of MessageCache in our production env.

SoftenedSize - 0
MaxMemoryMark - 920
SoftenAtLeastEveryMillis - 0
MaximumHard - 0
HighMemoryMark - 820
SoftenNoMoreOftenThanMillis - 0
CurrentMemoryUsage - 266
CacheMisses - 0
MakeSoftReferences - True
MinimumHard - 1
HardRefCacheSize - 66088
SoftenWaitMillis - 1000
TotalCacheSize - 66088
SoftRefCacheSize - 0
CacheHits - 1875543

We are running on Xmx1024m and Xms1024m.

Oracle is our MQ database. Day by day HardRefCacheSize is increasing and the CurrentMemoryUsage also going up.(becoz of HardRefCacheSize)

I understand that when it reaches HighMemoryMark , the messages are going to get persisted in the database.  But here, this is going to be an issue as the number of messages are huge.

Is NullPersistance a good solution to this? So nothing will get persisted and the memory will be free of messages?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4169404#4169404

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4169404