[jboss-user] [Remoting] - Re: unrecognized invoker locator

ron.sigal@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 7 19:12:58 EDT 2008

"ecatum" wrote :
  | l'InvokerLocator doesn't support loopback address.
  |
  | API InvokerLocator :
  |
  | Quote:
  |
  | NOTE: the hostname will automatically be resolved to the outside IP address of the local machine if localhost or 127.0.0.1 is used as the hostname in the URI. If it cannot be determined or resolved, it will use what was passed.

That's an old and misleading note, which I never noticed.  In fact, InvokerLocator doesn't have any special treatment for "localhost" or "127.0.0.1", and I've updated the javadoc accordingly (https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBREM-1022).

As for the "unrecognized invoker locator", that's a different story.  When the rmi proxy comes over from the server, it brings configuration information which is merged with configuration information on the client when the RMIClientInvoker is created.  The "unrecognized invoker locator" occurs, as far as I can tell, when the RMI runtime uses the RemotingRMIClientSocketFactory, for its own purposes, before the RMIClientInvoker has been created.  I don't believe your application should be affected at all.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4169424#4169424

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4169424