[jboss-user] [EJB/JBoss] - Re: NoPassivationCachePolicy not working - bean is getting p

Omnia Mutantur do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 8 06:40:33 EDT 2008

I've had the same problem, so this post is for anyone who finds this thread and wants to know the answer too! (I'm assuming that zzzz8 is not still looking for a response by this time...)If your application EAR, or whatever, doesn't have a jboss.xml file in META-INF, standardjboss.xml is ignored (nothing to merge it with, y'see). Declarations in an app's jboss.xml can override the server-wide defaults defined in standardjboss.xml. In this example, you could just create a jboss.xml for the specific application, and put these two nodes in it, like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <!DOCTYPE jboss PUBLIC "-//JBoss//DTD JBOSS 4.0//EN" "http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss_4_0.dtd">
  |
  | <jboss>
  |     <container-configuration>
  |       <container-name>Standard Stateful SessionBean</container-name>
  |       <call-logging>false</call-logging>
  |       <invoker-proxy-binding-name>stateful-unified-invoker</invoker-proxy-binding-name>
  |       <container-interceptors>
  |         <interceptor>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <!-- CMT -->
  |         <interceptor transaction="Container">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor transaction="Container">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor transaction="Container">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatefulSessionInstanceInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <!-- BMT -->
  |         <interceptor transaction="Bean">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatefulSessionInstanceInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor transaction="Bean">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorBMT</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor transaction="Bean">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor>org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor</interceptor>
  |       </container-interceptors>
  |       <instance-cache>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatefulSessionInstanceCache</instance-cache>
  |       <persistence-manager>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatefulSessionFilePersistenceManager</persistence-manager>
  |       <container-cache-conf>
  |         <cache-policy>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.NoPassivationCachePolicy</cache-policy>
  |         <cache-policy-conf>
  | 	    <flush-enabled>true</flush-enabled>
  |         </cache-policy-conf>
  |       </container-cache-conf>
  |       <container-pool-conf>
  |         <MaximumSize>100</MaximumSize>
  |       </container-pool-conf>
  |     </container-configuration>
  |
  |     <container-configuration>
  |       <container-name>Clustered Stateful SessionBean</container-name>
  |       <call-logging>false</call-logging>
  |       <invoker-proxy-binding-name>clustered-stateful-unified-invoker</invoker-proxy-binding-name>
  |       <container-interceptors>
  |         <interceptor>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CleanShutdownInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor>org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor transaction="Container">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor transaction="Container">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor</interceptor>
  |         <interceptor transaction="Container">org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatefulSessionInstanceInterceptor</interceptor>
> [...]
I believe this ignoring-standardjboss.xml-when-jboss.xml-absent behaviour is fixed in JBoss 5.
O.M.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4169557#4169557

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4169557