[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: workaround for StackOverflow exception

vanyatka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 12 11:08:52 EDT 2008

anonymous wrote : You could try to use an in-memory configured version of HSQLDB. That does not realy persist to file, but it does doe db stuff.
Good idea. But I'm not there yet, I still cannot make it going without exception.

anonymous wrote : Regarding the issue, it manifests itself in Seam, but is jBPM related and fixed in the upcomming 3.2.4 afaik.
You know, I nearly gave up using Seam because of this issue, trying to re-implement the process in "pure" jBPM. But if it is a jBPM's issue, are you saying that Timers cannot be used with States? Sounds like an ultra-critical issue to me.

anonymous wrote : btw, you could configure jBPM to *not* use transactions or use it's own transactions instead of using the seam provided one.

I would do anything, but I'm lost at what are the alternatives.
I need to persist a state into DB. The only proper way to do that (is it so?) is to use State + Timer like I did. But you're saying it's not available till 3.2.4.

If you could suggest how to persist the state in a decision loop (with or without States) in order to get rid of StackOverflow I would be grateful.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4170104#4170104

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4170104