[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Re: JBOSS AOP and Exception Handling

kabir.khan@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 12 16:42:27 EDT 2008

Please use the code tags when pasting xml, I will not keep on tidying that for you :-)

What you describe here goes back to my previous reply, although you have in your code

  | String a=null;
  | System.out.println(a.length());

the thing that instantiates the NPE since a is null lives inside the JVM, and is out of our control. There is no way to get this to work.

As you mention, if you explicitly instantiate an exception from YOUR code

  | throw new Exception();

that code is what makes the call to instantiate the exception, and so can be woven since it lives in your code.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4170172#4170172

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4170172