[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: JBoss 4.2.2 with myfaces - java.lang.RuntimeException: C

michele.curioni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 13 06:27:08 EDT 2008

Although this post is quite old, I see there is no final solution, so I'll post something I discovered:

- when I deploy the war as part of an ear file, I could not get it to work;
- when I deploy the way file separately, it works as long as I don't specify a <context-root> in jboss-web.xml.

It seems as if when you specify a context-root, JBoss behaves as if you specified your own classloader (don't quote me on this...)
Same for when the war is deployed inside a ear.

Hope this helps
Regards.
Michele

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4170287#4170287