[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: The requested resource is not available.

lall2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 13 11:40:51 EDT 2008

Hi rnugraha,

It might be a little late, but this is how it worked for me:

  | <web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  |    xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd" version="2.5">
  |
  |   <servlet>
  |     <servlet-name>GatewayServlet</servlet-name>
  |     <servlet-class>com.web.GatewayServlet</servlet-class>
  |   </servlet>
  |
  |   <servlet-mapping>
  |     <servlet-name>GatewayServlet</servlet-name>
  |     <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern> <!-- !!! -->
  |   </servlet-mapping>
  | </web-app>

Calling the Servlet after deployment with a .war named GatewayServlet.war:

http://localhost:8080/GatewayServlet

If you need a different context root than here GatewayServlet, then you
need a jboss-web.xml with the following content:

  | <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <!DOCTYPE jboss-web PUBLIC "-//JBoss//DTD Web Application 2.4//EN" "http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/jboss-web_4_0.dtd">
  | <jboss-web>
  |   <context-root>/gateway</context-root>
  | </jboss-web>

The browser URL is then:

http://localhost:8080/gateway

Can you confirm that?

There are supposed to be people saying it is never to late! ;-)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4170364#4170364

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4170364