[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Error Deploying Struts 1.3.8 Web App on JBoss-4.2.3GA

jbeausoleil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 14 10:27:40 EDT 2008

I have a generic struts 1.3.8 application. I am using straight up jsp for the UI, no faces code/libraries included. I am running and building with Java 5 release 16.  This application deploys properly and runs well on JBoss 4.2.1.GA and JBoss 4.2.2 GA. When deploying to JBoss 4.2.3.GA, a class not found exception is thrown:

[org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/totalzillaConfigPortal_1.0]] Error configuring application listener of class com.sun.faces.config.GlassFishConfigureListener
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.faces.config.GlassFishConfigureListener

The release notes only state the following:
"The MyFaces JSF implementation has been replaced by the Glassfish JSF 1.2 one, JBAS-3897", and this is under the heading JBossAS 4.2.0.GA. Seems like if something else changed, I would have seen it under the 4.2.3 heading and if nothing has changed between 4.2.1, 4.2.2 and 4.2.3 in this area, then why is my application no longer deploying? Am I missing something in the release notes ?

I believe the class that is not found used to be in jsf-impl.jar? The version of this jar in this release of JBoss does not have that class, and I am not providing it, unless I need to start doing that for 4.2.3?

Any constructive input would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

anonymous wrote :

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4170576#4170576

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4170576