[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: JBoss 4.2.2 and TimerService null pointer exception

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 15 09:17:09 EDT 2008

"kyle.bober" wrote : I have a Stateless session bean that is also a WebService. When I attempt to inject a TimerService and create a new timer Instance the TimerService is always returned as null. It seems the TimerService is never injected.

I have not tried injecting the TimerService in any of my sample applications. So i am not sure whether that is working or not. But i just found this open issue in the JIRA https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/EJBTHREE-1391

"kyle.bober" wrote :
  | I also attempted injecting the SessionContext as well using @Resource and obtaining the TimerService via the SessionContext but the SessionContext is also null.

I don't think there should be a problem with the SessionContext injection. Post your exact code and also the exception stacktrace and the server.log logs (from the point when your application is being deployed). Which version of JBoss and Java do you use?

P.S: While posting logs or xml content or code, remember to wrap it in a code block, by using the Code button in the message editor window. Please hit the Preview button before posting to ensure that the post is correctly formatted.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4170752#4170752

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4170752