[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Upgrading hibernate in JBoss 4.2.2.GA

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 16 01:21:10 EDT 2008

"jinpsu" wrote :

  | I'm now back to the NoSuchMethodException: org.hibernate.validator.ClassValidator exception.
  |
  | All appears to go well until my jpa entities get mapped.  Classes start being loaded from the old hibernate (starting with ClassValidator) and then the exception is generated.
  |
  | Here is the relevant portion of the log:
  |

  |   | [Loaded org.hibernate.validator.ClassValidator from file:/opt/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/lib/hibernate-annotations.jar]
  |   | [Loaded org.hibernate.validator.MessageInterpolator from file:/opt/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/lib/hibernate-annotations.jar]
  |   | [Loaded org.hibernate.validator.InvalidStateException from file:/opt/jboss-4.2.2.GA/server/default/lib/hibernate-annotations.jar]
  |   |
  |   |

There you go - Fresh day, fresh mind :-)
The org.hibernate.validator package is now in hibernate-validator project. So in your upgrade, you should also add the (correct version)  of hibernate-validator jar (i guess version 3.0.x), in the EAR/lib folder. Once you do that, you *might* run into a ClassCastException with the FullTextIndexEventListener, in which case:

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4170888#4170888

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4170888