[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Stale state problem kills process instance?

petia do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 18 15:06:53 EDT 2008

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your reply. Maybe I misunderstood you, but I do not set the attribute async to anything at all. According to the specification, this attribute default value is "false". In my opinion this is a strange attribute to have for a Fork Node, but again according to the specification every Node has it.

So, without setting the async attribute and by using a Fork Node, I get a parallel split and the activities following the Fork Node are enabled (and possible to execute) in parallel. Nothing strange here.

Sorry, if I comments have caused confusion. The problem mentioned initially was that the engine sometimes generates an error message when Fork is used (and breaks down, i.e., a restart is needed). I observed that it only happens if one of the outgoing transitions from a Fork misses a name (which is the default setting). Note, that this is just an observation based on a problem I faced and a couple of examples I was running. I have not made any real "trouble shooting" of the problem. I just though my observation can help others.

Regards, Petia

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4171131#4171131

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4171131