[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Url : how to define MyPortal as the default portal.

Antoine_h do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 19 06:20:53 EDT 2008

Hi,

yes... there are oftenly things to change on the jboss-service.xml.

for deployement, I will soon use : http://buildprocess.sourceforge.net/
the autoDeploy module looks good for that.
it provide a good base tool for reliable deployements... and not to write a lot of scripting oneself.
the project is young, but it is good.

this will allow to help and make it reliable, when upgrading the portal etc...

*****************
I don't know when (if) the feature will be added...
and the one by programming is ok for me.
done once, used since... not a big deal... and may be better for performance.
by the way, you won't change de default portal many times... may be never....

I don't remember exactly about the window policy permission (long time I  looked at this...).
I remember you can do it with the instances of portlet.
and if i remember well, the instance is most of the time related directly to the window.
unless you have two window with the same instance... which means the same thing in two windows.... unless you really need two window for I don't know what purpose, then can be done with an other way... with only one windows... reused in several pages etc...

seems simple... I hope I am not mistaking when answering too quickly.

may be post on a new post for more answers...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4171215#4171215

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4171215