[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - JBoss not recognizing deployments from Maven

HappySpaceInvader do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 20 10:51:23 EDT 2008

I have some Maven projects set up to deploy to JBoss using the maven-jboss-deploy-plugin as follows:

<plugin>
  |                   <groupId>org.jboss.maven.plugins</groupId>
  |                   <artifactId>maven-jboss-deploy-plugin</artifactId>
  |                   <version>1.6</version>
  |                     <executions>
  |                       <execution>
  |                         <goals>
  |                           <goal>jboss-deploy</goal>
  |                         </goals>
  |                       </execution>
  |                     </executions>
  |                   <configuration>
  |                     <jbossDeployRoot>/jboss/server/myserver/deploy</jbossDeployRoot>
  |                     <groupId>myproject</groupId>
  |                     <removeArtifactVersion>true</removeArtifactVersion>
  |                   </configuration>
  |                 </plugin>

The problem is that the packages (e.g. my Messaging package) sit at the INIT_WAITING_DEPLOYER stage as follows:

15:09:29,058 ERROR [URLDeploymentScanner] Incomplete Deployment listing:

I am just wondering what is wrong here.  The Maven plugin creates a component-info.xml as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  | <project name="myproject/Messaging-component-info">
  |   <component id="myproject/Messaging"
  |              licenseType="lgpl"
  |              version="1.0-SNAPSHOT"
  |              description="net.mycompany.myproject.messaging:Messaging:ejb:1.0-SNAPSHOT"
  |
  |              >

  |     <artifact id="Messaging.jar"/>
  |

  |     <export>
  |       <include input="Messaging.jar"/>
  |
  |     </export>
  |   </component>
  | </project>

Perhaps something is missing from that?  If I take the same Messaging.jar and move it to the deploy directory, it deploys just fine.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4171529#4171529

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4171529