[jboss-user] start up mbean for jboss

Sadashiv Patwary SPatwary at axeda.com
Wed Aug 20 13:11:32 EDT 2008

Hi all,

   I want to add a startup class which should be loaded when the jboss
starts up. I did some research

Which says create mbean and add it jboss-service.xml file( not sure
which location).

I am using ear deployment. The class which I want o make the start up
class resides in ear file under /lib directory.

I am using jboss-4.2.1.GA.

I tried to put the MBean as service  in
jboss-4.2.0.GA\server\servicelink\conf\ jboss-service.xml

but got  no class

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for JbossStartUp

Below is the code for MBean.

import org.jboss.system.ServiceMBean;

public interface JbossStartUpMBean  extends ServiceMBean

{

    public void init();

    public void start() throws Exception;

    public void stop();

    public void create();

    public void destroy();

    public void jbossInternalLifecycle(java.lang.String s) throws
java.lang.Exception;

}

2.The implemenatation class:

 public class JbossStartUp

    implements MBeanRegistration, JbossStartUpMBean

{

    private static Log logger = LogFactory.getLog(JbossStartUp.class);

    public JbossStartUp()

    {

    }

    public ObjectName preRegister(MBeanServer server, ObjectName name)

        throws Exception

    {

        return new ObjectName(":service=JbossStartUp");

    }

    public void postRegister(Boolean boolean1)

    {

    }

    public void preDeregister()

        throws Exception

    {

    }

    public void postDeregister()

    {

    }

  public void create()

  {

  }

  public void start()   throws Exception

    {

        startup();

    }

    public String startup()

        throws Exception

    {

        testStartUp startup = new testStartUp();

        startup.startup();

        return "OK";

    }

    public void init()