[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Pure compile time aspects with jbossaop (without any additio

alebu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 22 03:49:38 EDT 2008

Hi, I was looking for AOP engine and I tried to compare jbossaop with aspectj. The surprise for me was the fact that I need to include aspectjrt.jar to run any code compiled with aspectj. I thought that it will have no dependencies on aspectj library. Is there are some similar limitations in JBoss AOP (just curious, because in my opoinion it is not good)? In other words:
Can I write some simple class, then apply jboss aspect compiler on it which will foe example intercept and log all methods invocations on it. And on output I need t have pure java code without any dependeance on jbossaop library. So, if it HelloWorld without any dependences the n output will be the same HelloWorld with no dependences but with logging applied (to console for example).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4171964#4171964

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4171964