[jboss-user] [JBossMQ] - Re: Slight problem still regarding the fix for bug JBAS-1489

javacory do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 22 15:55:48 EDT 2008

We are experiencing this problem as well.  The result of this issue is we eventually receive a "too many open files" error.  I assume this is the result of the "no pong received" which prompts the server to create a new connection.  We can see the established sockets ( 100s of them ) before this error occurs using "netstat -an".

Our environment is JBoss 4.2.0GA.  We have a JBoss server running which contains our JMS queues and one that connects remotely to those queues.  If the server which contains the queues is restarted, we randomly get the ping error.  It doesn't happen every time.   I assume there is a timing issue here as to what state the server is in that has the queues and when the remote server tries to ping it.

In looking at the org.jboss.mq.Connection code, when this situation occurs, the "PingTask" runnable never gets to the "pingServer()" call because the "ponged" variable is always false.  If the ponged variable is false, an exception is thrown causing it to never get to the "pingServer()".

Has this been fixed in a latter release of JBoss?

Thanks,

Cory.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4172076#4172076

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4172076