[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Portlet Security Constraints

jelavallee do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 22 16:47:41 EDT 2008

Peter,

Is there any way to manage this outside of the portlet application's portlet-instances.xml file?  I.e. in our custom *-object.xml file?  The reasoning for us to need this is that our user roles may be dynamic and redeploying our entire system's EAR just to update a single xml file in a single portlication's WAR is a bit heavy handed.

We keep our topology in a *-object.xml file in a separate "skeleton" WAR that can be deployed independent of the portlications' EAR.  Hence the *-object.xml being an ideal location for us to manage this configuration.

thanks,
Etienne

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4172095#4172095

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4172095