[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: Eviction node event queue warning

em161100 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 23 08:50:26 EDT 2008

Hello,

The problem came back again even after setting the queue size to 500,000.
I can't just ignore this problem because it just takes too much cpu.

I have a question regarding the way the eviction work. I thought that the problem happens maybe because of the way I evict my objects and for some reason the cache thinks that the object was revisited and therefor adds it again to the cache. This is what I do in my eviction  listener :

public void logNodeEvent(NodeEvent ne) {
		Fqn fqnActionFather = ...

		// handling evicition of nodes according to the object type

			if (ne.getType().name().equals("NODE_EVICTED")) {
				if (ne.getFqn().size() > 0) {
			if (ne.getFqn().isChildOf(fqnActionFather )) {					                String id= (String) ne.getFqn().getLastElement();
			Node node = ne.getCache().getNode(ne.getFqn());
			if (node != null) {
					Action action = (Action) node.get(id);
		// handle eviction
                            }