[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - strange behaivor of nonclustered ejb calling clustered ejb

wurzelkuchen do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 26 11:28:59 EDT 2008

Hello,

during my work on a student research project, I noticed a strage behavior.
Following scenario:

EJB1: a not clustered stateless EJB, which calls EJB2 per lookup

  | @Stateless
  | public class Bean implements BeanLocal, BeanRemote {
  |   private Bean2 bean2;
  |   public void call(){
  |     		Properties properties = new Properties();
  | 		properties.put("java.naming.factory.initial",
  | 				"org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
  | 		properties.put("java.naming.factory.url.pkgs",
  | 				"org.jboss.naming:org.jnp.interfaces");
  | 		properties.put("java.naming.provider.url",
  | 				"192.168.0.52:1100");
  | 		Context context;
  | 		try {
  | 			context = new InitialContext(properties);
  | 			bean2 = (RemoteBean2) context.lookup(Bean2.RemoteJNDIName);
  |                         while(...){
  |                                  bean2.doSomething();
  |                         }
  | 		} catch (NamingException e) {
  | 			e.printStackTrace();
  | 		}
  |   }

EJB2: a simple clustered stateless EJB

  | @Clustered
  | @Stateless
  | public class Bean2 implements BeanLocal2, BeanRemote2 {
  |     public void doSomwthing(){
  |     }
  | }

So, if I start these Beans like above, Bean2 starts only on one node of my Cluster. If I use port 1099 (normal JNDI instead of HAJNDI), Bean2 starts on different nodes each time I start bean2.doSomething().
I realy don't undestand this behaivior. Why does the use of HA-JNDI lets the bean2 unclustered while the use of JNDI leads to a clustered behaivior? I would understand if HAJNDI leads to a clustered and JNDI to an unclustered behaivior, but the opposite happens.
Does anybody have got a good explanation or at least an idea why?

Best Regards

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4172630#4172630

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4172630