[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Deployment order and MYSQL Driver class issues

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 26 14:47:04 EDT 2008

zparticle wrote : Unforutnately the app is still loading ahead the JNDI data source getting created.

That is one of the joys of working with the beta of the next release - you get to put up with all of the bugs and regressions while they get worked out.

The default deployment ordering has been broken ever since the first beta when the deployers were re-written to be microcontainer-based instead of JMX-based. But things have gotten better - more than 1/2 of the deployment ordering issues I saw in beta4 were fixed in CR1, and I expect more will be fixed in CR2.

So what do you do until then? I try to remember to deploy my apps after the server starts. When I forget (which is often), I simply move my app out of the deploy directory, wait 5 seconds (the time interval between hot deploy runs) and move it back in.

Oh, another possibility - for now create a deploy.last directory within the deploy directory and place your war file there (leave the *-ds.xml file in the deploy directory).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4172685#4172685

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4172685