[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - Re: Deployment order and MYSQL Driver class issues

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 26 15:54:48 EDT 2008

Being a candidate release does not necessarily mean that nothing is broken. It is rather an indication of the feature set. That is, a candidate release contains all of the features expected in the final release. It also implies that all components are at their expected levels (that is, if CR1 contains version 2.0.1 of major component X, then the GA will contain perhaps 2.0.3 but not version 3.0, or even 2.1 (mainly because major upgrades imply user API changes and the idea is that the user APIs are stable once the product hits the CR stage)).

What is giving me fits, however, is the amount of configuration changes that have gone in since CR1:

* there is a new jmx console which is visually very different from CR1, though behaves almost the same
* the port binding service has finally been fixed but how port binding will be done in CR2 is vastly different than how it was done up to CR1
* various configuration files have been renamed (this one is my fault, I questioned some of the renaming that took place in CR1)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4172692#4172692

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4172692