[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JBM w/ EJB 2 MDB issue (new to JBM)

rg1234 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 27 10:50:42 EDT 2008

I was able to get the default queue producer\consumer set up and working fine with JMS 1.4 sp3.  I'm having trouble replacing the default consumer with an EJB 2 MDB.  Here is my xml destination set up:

  |    <mbean code="myEjbPackageNameHere.MessageConsumer"
  |       name="jboss.messaging.destination:service=Queue,name=testQueue"
  |       xmbean-dd="xmdesc/Queue-xmbean.xml">
  | 		<depends optional-attribute-name="ServerPeer">jboss.messaging:service=ServerPeer</depends>
  | 		<depends>jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice</depends>
  |    </mbean>

1.  It seems that the serverpeer and postoffice components are required for this consumer to work within JMS, is that correct?  My server won't deploy without them being referenced in this xml.  No JBM EJB examples seem to mention this.

2.  For my consumer class, I've used the EJB 2 consumer example from the JMS manual, and extended DestinationServiceSupport in order to get the server peer\post office components.  The server deploys, but when I kick out a message I get a reflection exception:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to find operation createQueue(java.lang.String,java.lang.String)

I don't understand why this is happening, especially since createQueue isn't defined in my MDB class and I haven't changed anything else.  Once I change the destination reference to the default queue example everything works again.

I am new to all of this so I might be way off in my approach.  Can anyone help?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4172837#4172837

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4172837