[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Standalone JBossWS

skajotde do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 31 08:24:06 EDT 2008

I'm really impressed by JBossWS Testsuite. One tests only executes 2-3 seconds with deploy-execute-undeploy on running JBoss.

On my project one cycle is 10-20 minutes ;/ Many projects with few ears built by maven instead of JBoss Tools, so IDE support is limited. Additionally one problem during deployment blocks my developing even It is not really involved. It is hard ;> and until now I have too little skills to run this with JBoss Embedded (which is not officially supported now)

I have some experience in Spring so move to this library in testing EJB from IDE (Pojo services with setters). Now I can tests in couple of seconds instead of 10 minutes It looks really nice but doesn't cover full JWS features. My JWS is just Pojo ;>

JBossWS Testsuite way (one war per JWS) doesn't match to my case because I don't know how to fast deploy EJB which is required by these JWS (create a few dozen virtual jars with EJB ?) Other solution which comes me to mind is to attach local spring to remote JBoss but I don't know is it good ;> My Spring EM Factory is local and JWS is remote deployed.

When I have read

http://jbws.dyndns.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Install_JBossWS

anonymous wrote : JBossWS Web Service Framework builds on top of JBoss Microcontainer which supports direct POJO deployment and standalone  use outside the JBoss

I had hope that now it just need to wrapper my JWS Pojo in JBossWS Standalone and everything go ;> Is it really option ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4173463#4173463

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4173463