[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache: Core Edition] - Re: jbosscache/jgroups memory leak

hgardner do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 1 12:57:56 EST 2008

Here is a follow up to my earlier post...

After testing and playing with the configuration we found that repl_async w/out using the replication queue was causing the memory leak previously reported. The issue was resolved simply by changing jboss-cache-service.xml as follows:

        < attribute name="CacheMode">REPL_ASYNC< /attribute>
        < attribute name="UseReplQueue">true< /attribute>
        < attribute name="ReplQueueInterval">100< /attribute>
        < attribute name="ReplQueueMaxElements">1000< /attribute>

    < attribute name="ClusterConfig">

        <!-- Not sure if this is required but was changed in our -->
        <!-- config, added the max_bytes attribute...               -->
        <pbcast.STABLE desired_avg_gossip="20000" up_thread="false" down_thread="false" max_bytes="250000" />
      < /config>
    < /attribute>

After this change where where able to process 750 events/second per node or 1500 events/second across 2 nodes for 5+ days before stopping the test. Each event either inserts or deletes in 5 separate cache regions. Before making the configuration change we where only able to process this load for 15-20 hours before running out of memory.

Hopefully this is helpful to someone.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4193538#4193538

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4193538