[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Autoexplosion of archives

bob.mcwhirter do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 2 13:17:40 EST 2008

Is there some standard or default way to mark certain archives as needing exploding before doing a true deployment, or even structure deployment?

Turns out, even with the .rails archives bit, the JRuby bits aren't quite happy with URLs yet.

I'd like a deploy/myapp.rails file, if it's not already exploded, to get exploded under tmp/... somewhere before structure recognition and metadata deployment.  But if it is exploded (or a symlink to an exploded directory tree), just use it as-is.

Bonus points if the link between deploy/myapp.rails and tmp/myapp.rails/ exploded directory is kept, and undeploy/redeploy still exists.

If I have to write it myself, would you think it's a PARSE stage deployer looking for .rails?  Will MC hand me non-leaf VirtualFiles for deployment? "Parsing" of the archive could be a visitor that explodes it into tmp/ and then deploys that new unit?

Thanks for any insight,

-Bob

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4193820#4193820

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4193820