[jboss-user] [Microcontainer] - Re: Autoexplosion of archives

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 3 03:24:19 EST 2008

"bob.mcwhirter" wrote :
  | Yah, I looked at that too.  Though, that requires extending the ModificationType enumeration and registering a ModificationAction.  Non-trivial to try out a different ModificationAction, it would seem.
  |
  | Perhaps a ModificationType.ATTACHED and go looking for a ModificationAction.class attachment if set?

I don't think it makes sense to go that far,
we just need to cover all useful cases,
as I think there are not that many of them.

Apart from your case + the one's we already have,
I can't think of another one. :-)

"bob.mcwhirter" wrote :
  | Yah, I think they all work as expected, just not a complete set from my POV.  I did see some examples with an UNPACK on the root, but that seems to be non-tenable.  UNPACK only works on child context-infos from the look of it.  Else, the isNested() check stops it on the root without doing anything if you point it at the root deployed archive, not a nested archive.

Yes, unpack is only meant for nested jars.

"bob.mcwhirter" wrote :
  | I'll poke around, but I should be able to tell the difference between foo.jar as a real directory and foo.jar as a mounted vfszip?
  |
>From VFS no.
We already had this dev discussion,
and afaik Scott had some good arguments.

In the worst case you can do this:
 - http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/trunk/system/src/main/org/jboss/system/server/profile/basic/MetaDataAwareProfile.java
See hasBeenModified.

"bob.mcwhirter" wrote :
  | I can still do a byte-for-byte copy of a vfszip-mounted JAR?

Sure.

"bob.mcwhirter" wrote :
  | I'll work on an implementation.

+ tests. ;-)