[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: CommunicationException / ClassNotFoundException on looku

meiners do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 3 09:34:11 EST 2008

If the interface project.query.ProjectQHome is merged in the.jar file of the Swing Client,
those of port 2001,2000 and 4444 are used.
If this interface is not merged, those of port 2001,2000,4444 and 8083 are used.

When starting of the JBoss the following is logged:

08:47:05,244 INFO [WebService] Using RMI server codebase: http://MAINSERV:8083
08:47:05,986 INFO [NamingService] Started jndi bootstrap jnpPort=2001, rmiPort=2000, backlog=50, bindAddress=/192.168.1.2, Client SocketFactory=null, Server SocketFactory=org.jboss.net.sockets.DefaultSocketFactory at ad093076

The WebService Using RMI server code base 8083 has here the attitude on MAINSERV.
MAINSERV is the computer name of the Vista machine.

In my opinion that could be the cause for the CommunicationException,
there all Windows machines in the local network the computer 'MAINSERV' to reach (e.g. http://MAINSERV:8080/ for the starting side of the JBoss),
the Debian distribution can so not, but only over the IP address http://192.168.1.2:8080/ for the starting side of the JBoss and http://192.168.1.2:8083/ for the WebService.

I tried to change the codebase properties for run.bat of JBoss.
The changes were also accepted according to JBoss for the WebService, e.g.:

-Djava.rmi.server.codebase=http://192.168.1.2/
-Djava.rmi.server.codebase=http://192.168.1.2:8083/

Perhaps a possibility seems to be,
but that does not function in such a way, because I probably set the wrong data over here.

The local Windows machines throw then an exception, as before with the Debian machine:
javax.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: project.query.ProjectQHome]

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4194055#4194055

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4194055