[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: JBoss configuration with Microsoft Sharepoint Server

chris.laprun@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 3 10:09:28 EST 2008

"lgadams" wrote :
  | I saw your reply on the message board just now. I thought that when I received a reply to my post it would email me back. Sorry for not getting back to your question.

You need to watch the topic to get notified. To include markup in your posts, you need to use the "code" tag so that it doesn't get interpreted.

"lgadams" wrote :
  | The first section in this file with the producer name of “NetUnity” works as expected. The section that includes the jboss portal is the section that does not work. I am currently talking with Microsoft support about this issue. They seem to think that its related to how this configuration is set up. In the sharepoint user logs I get a message like this:
  |
  | Runtime Error in method WSRPConfigurationToolPart.RefreshPortlets of type System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException.The exception was System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Could not register consumer named 'Microsoft SharePoint'. 'Internet Explorer' is not a valid Consumer Agent. Please notify your Consumer provider that it is not WSRP-compliant.

This is the root of the issue. The client agent sent by MS SharePoint does not conform to the format defined by the WSRP specification. By default, JBoss Portal uses a strict conformance model, hence rejecting anything that does not conform to the specfication. The producer can be configured to be more lenient. See http://docs.jboss.com/jbportal/v2.6.7/referenceGuide/html/wsrp.html#strict-mode for more details. Note that in Portal 2.7, this can be configured via the administration interface... ;)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4194069#4194069

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4194069