[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Number of topic subscribers

noelo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 3 22:02:00 EST 2008

The component I'm working on is required to process events sent from other parts of the system. Each of these event are generated by a user and contain a userid. These events are placed on a JMS topic which is read and the event data processed by my component.

For each user there will be an instance of my component and this instance will be subscribed to the JMS topic with a selector selecting any messages which matches the user id for that component.

Considering that there could be 1000's of concurrent users and therefore 1000's of JMS topic subscribers (plus selectors) I thought that this could be a performance pit fall. Also each component instance will sit on its own thread so I think that this approach is even less scalable.

I really appreciate your help and insight in this.....

regards and thanks
Noel

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4194199#4194199

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4194199